The Subconscious Mind: An Owners Manual Part 4
Your subconscious mind cannot make decisions, but it can take direction.
Tips for using affirmations:
Here are some tips to remember when working with your subconscious:
- When you want to program something by using affirmations, it is important how you talk to your subconscious. It knows when you are telling a lie.
- If you say to your subconscious, I am healthy, as your way of affirming health, your subconscious will look at your current level of health and say, OK, if you call this health, we will maintain this level for you. If you say, I am becoming healthier every day, it gives the subconscious a process to work with.
- If there is data in the subconscious that contradicts the affirmation you are using, the subconscious will bring that forward for you to clear. It is important to acknowledge your resistance rather than be afraid of it. Once the resistance is cleared, the affirmation becomes more powerful.
- Another way to put the affirmation: I am willing to receive more and more good health and vitality into my life every day. You will become more willing and more able to receive good health. Here’s another example of a good way to talk to your subconscious: I am healthy enough – and becoming more healthy.
- Three is a magic number to the subconscious. It will pay attention when you do or say something three times. It will begin to form a pattern. This is known in advertising as the “power of three.”
- Your subconscious cannot make decisions. Decisions are always made on a conscious level. Your subconscious must follow it’s programming, regardless if it is positive or negative. If the programming is that you should always finish everything on your plate, it will always give you the message to clean off your plate until you change that message.
- When you are working on a problem, or want to find the answer to something, try incubating it. Imagine an incubation chamber, locker, or cupboard and place the problem in there. Some people need to sleep on it, others will receive the solution when they are busy with something else. If nothing comes in three days go back to the incubation chamber and open it up. Spend some time with the issue and try again.
- When you want to create something, use your imagination consciously. It doesn’t matter if you do not see an actual picture. You can sense it. When it comes to visualization, some people are seers and some are sensors. For example: you have a sore shoulder. You imagine a warm towel placed on it. The subconscious responds by dilating the blood vessels in that area to promote healing. What you imagine doesn’t have to be literal or accurate. Your subconscious mind understands your intention.
Your subconscious is a significant part of your mind. You can use it to help yourself create your own positive reality. Over time, you can become proficient at working with your subconscious mind. Once you understand how to talk to your subconscious, your affirmations will be effective and authentic.